Saturday, November 18, 2006

Navy Knowledge Online, er, NKO there for Retirees

A while back, I posted some information pertaining to the various information "portals" that are provided by the various armed forces. I mentioned that most are offered to retirees as well. Those that are not right now, will be in the near future as they bring their network up to speed with the Navy and the Army. For that part of the discussion, I refer you to the past post "Didja Know about NKO, or AKO... Did you?" You can find it below or listed in the archives at the right.

One thing that I negelcted to mention was the address to the Retiree Onward Portal within NKO. As an active member of NKO since it came online, I have compiled some of the information that would be helpful for a retiree and put it into one page. Of course, in order to get to the link, it will lead you to your signup or login page. That is one of the beauties of these systems, they are many more times secure than any of the other sites out there. And some information hits there first, because it is like the "straight from the horse's mouth concept". The Navy or Department of Defense makes a decision or passed a regulation and informs folks via their network first and then passes it on to the news media and other internet sites via press releases. So, generally it is on NKO first. I am pretty sure that the Army does it the same way.

Here is the link: CPOTonyStewart-Retiree Onward Portal .
As I also have info from the other services, I am looking at using their option to signup on their sites and present the same thing. At least, the Army system presents the opportunity for me to enroll there as well. And so on and so on.

Remember, BEFORE you click the link above, you must have access to the NKO Website. When you click the link above, it will take you to that page. If you are a retiree, active duty service member, or a dependent of one and enrolled in the DEERS System, then you can register at that time as well. Once you log in, it will take you straight to the Retiree Onward Portal or "ROP". I will eventually add the link to OUR LINKS at the right for future use. I will do the same for the other services as I am able to build them.

As always, if you have questions or comments, click the "comment" link below this message and I will get back to you!

No comments: